Ship on Your Terms: You Choose the Arrival Date for Your LTL Freight Shipments
Sometimes your customers need their less-than-truckload (LTL) freight shipment to arrive at a specific date — “approximately” just won’t meet their expectations. When that’s the case, we offer an option that puts you in control of delivery. Ship with confidence, knowing your customers’ LTL freight shipment will get delivered the way you choose.
With Custom Delivery Window from FedEx Freight, you can select from four levels of delivery service — available with either FedEx Freight® Priority or FedEx Freight® Economy — to meet your customers’ needs:
- Delivery on a specific date.
- Delivery before a specific date.
- Delivery after a specific date.
- Delivery between two dates.
Note: The specific date of delivery service must fall on or after our standard delivery date.
Sometimes business customers prefer choosing shipment delivery dates. That’s especially true for those who must receive their shipment by a specific day. Do your customers’ needs require the following?
- On-time completion of orders.
- Tight control of supply chain.
- Productive scheduling of staff.
If so, use Custom Delivery Window from FedEx Freight. Being able to choose the delivery service your customer prefers via Custom Delivery Window can mean cost savings for you by reducing charge-backs and noncompliance fees.
You can schedule Custom Delivery Window days in advance, so you don’t need to calculate when a shipment will reach its destination.
Easy to schedule
Follow these three steps to ensure your LTL freight shipment arrives on the date you need delivery:
- Clearly write or type “Custom Delivery Window” in the Special Instructions section of your Bill of Lading. This phrase must be included to receive this day-definite option.
- Include the requested delivery option (on, before, after, between) and the requested delivery date on the Bill of Lading.
- Upon shipment pickup, notify your FedEx Freight driver about your Custom Delivery Window request.
Need more control for your shipment?
Take advantage of the time-definite delivery options listed below for your FedEx Freight Priority and FedEx Freight Economy shipments:
- For arrival by 10:30 a.m. on the scheduled delivery date, request A.M. Delivery at an additional flat fee of only $85.
- For arrival by 5 p.m. on the scheduled delivery date, choose Close of Business Delivery. FedEx Freight Priority shipments on the standard-rate tariff are supported by a no-fee money-back guarantee.1
Reinforce your customers’ loyalty to your company. Show them you support their business by catering to their delivery needs.
For more information on day-definite Custom Delivery Window or time-definite A.M. or Close of Business Delivery options, contact your account executive or call the FedEx Freight Customer Service team at 1.866.393.4585.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1The no-fee money-back guarantee applies to FXF 1000 Rate Base customers only. All services are subject to the terms and conditions of the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff.