4 Benefits of Shipping LTL Freight to Canada With FedEx
More than $52 billion in goods travel between the U.S. and Canada each year, according to the U.S. Department of State. Get in on the action; it's a great way to grow your business.
When you're ready to start shipping less-than-truckload (LTL) freight to your customers in Canada, it's important — both to your customers and to your business — to choose the right LTL service.
Look no further. FedEx Freight provides reliable and proven freight services. Benefits of working with us include:
- Two simple options: Save time or money. For your time-sensitive shipments, use FedEx Freight® Priority for fast delivery across the border. When you can trade time for savings because your shipping needs aren't as time-sensitive, use FedEx Freight® Economy.
No matter which option you choose, both provide the same reliable service you're already accustomed to for your U.S. shipments.
- Free cross-border assistance. Dedicated to handling cross-border trade, our Freight International Services team acts as a liaison between your driver, your broker and the customs agents at the U.S. and Canada borders. Our team members keep you fully informed during the shipping process, and make sure the necessary paperwork and required steps are completed. The end result: Your shipment crosses the border properly and without delay.
- And best of all? There's no signing up for this free service. You simply schedule your FedEx Freight® pickup. Once your shipment is billed, the freight information comes directly into our system and we immediately begin monitoring your freight delivery. You can contact Freight International Services 24 hours a day at 1.800.351.5187.
- On-time delivery. Sometimes your customers need their LTL freight delivery as soon as possible.1 Other times, they want assurance that they'll receive their shipment on the scheduled delivery date in the morning.2 We'll help you go above and beyond for your customers.
- Expedited customs process. FedEx Freight is certified by the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), an initiative of the federal government and the business community. That means all of your freight shipments will move quickly through customs. It's a real time- and money-saver for you and your customers.
You want fast, reliable delivery to make a good first impression on your customers and keep them coming back for more. And ensuring you get the help you need is important to making your trade experience easy and stress-free. With FedEx Freight, you'll get what you expect.
Shipping freight between the U.S. and Canada doesn't need to be difficult. We're here to help every step of the way.
Go to the Canada freight shipping page on fedex.com to learn how to start growing your cross-border business today with FedEx Freight.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1FedEx Freight offers next-business-day service from the U.S. to select points in Canada, Freight International Services or your broker must receive completed customs documents early in the day, and your shipment must clear customs the same day as pickup. It is important to include your broker name and contact information on the Bill of Lading.
2Next-business-day delivery and A.M. Delivery are not available to all locations. Fees apply to A.M. Delivery. All FedEx Freight services are subject to the terms and conditions of the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff.