Ship Dangerous Goods to China. Fast.
Click here to download.
As trade with China becomes increasingly commonplace, speed and reliability mean everything ― especially in the aerospace, manufacturing and healthcare industries. The competitive edge you need to win your next contract depends on how fast you can get your product to your customers in different regions of China. You can’t afford any customs delays or regulatory setbacks.
A new challenge
And the challenge is even tougher when you’ve got customs-controlled shipments or items that fall under commodity restrictions. In recent years, certain commodities were reclassified by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) as dangerous goods. The reclassification made FedEx International Priority® and FedEx International Priority® Freight ineligible services for these types of shipments.
But what if your product is a dangerous good ― and your shipment must arrive in China by the end of the week? Or it requires a dangerous good to accompany the shipment while in transit? For instance, many pharmaceutical supplies need dry ice — considered a dangerous good when shipped via air — to maintain a specific temperature range. Volatile chemicals are another dangerous good common in industrial shipments.
To trade internationally, you need a way to safely comply with IATA regulations without sacrificing the speed, convenience and reliability you expect from FedEx. A way to transport your cargo with the same urgency, streamlining and state-of-the-art monitoring you counted on with FedEx International Priority or FedEx International Priority Freight. What’s the answer?
A new solution
Whether you’re moving pharmaceutical supplies on dry ice, transporting volatile chemicals or shipping other types of dangerous goods to China, your job just got easier.
FedEx International Premium® provides door-to-door and door-to-airport service options for shipping dangerous goods to China, typically in 1 to 4 business days, pending no clearance delays. From a medical sample to a pallet of industrial-strength solvent, virtually all sizes and weights are accepted.
Now your dangerous goods shipments can go straight from your U.S. business to more than 70 key destinations in China. It’s international dangerous goods shipping made fast and easy. FedEx International Premium is:
- Urgent. Your critical shipments enjoy the same highest-priority booking as they do with FedEx International Priority and FedEx International Priority Freight. Space will be reserved for your shipment.
- Responsive. Pre-alerts from origin monitors ensure shipment readiness and minimize clearance delays. And end-to-end visibility lets you track your shipment’s progress and gain insight to that shipment’s movement at every step of the way using fedex.com.
- Customizable. We’ll work with you to develop a standard operating plan based on your customer’s shipping requirements.
- Temperature-controlled. Refrigerated shipments? No sweat. Cold chain monitoring is readily available.
- Simplified. Our broker-inclusive offering gives you one point of contact through the process. We contract a preferred third-party provider to process your paperwork and to facilitate customs clearance upon arrival of your shipment. All the clearance, storage and final delivery of your dangerous good are handled by the broker on behalf of FedEx Express.* Got a broker you trust? You can also choose FedEx International Broker Select® to keep working with them.
When your business is moving at the speed of the world economy, you don’t have time to worry about tracking down paperwork or locating the nearest shipping center. Now you can securely ship your dangerous goods to one of the largest and fastest-growing markets in the world, from your door to theirs, typically in 4 business days or less.
Start shipping today
Contact your account executive for information on scheduling your dangerous goods shipments to China.
*The fees associated with the broker-inclusive activities are billed to the shipper. The consignee is responsible for paying the duties and taxes, as well as any storage fees incurred in excess of 2 days.