3 Ways to Increase Customer Satisfaction
Creating a great customer experience is vital to the success of your business. Companies that prioritize the customer experience can generate 60% higher profits than their competitors.1 Here, you’ll find 3 simple ways we can help you provide a better experience for your customers and make the most of their business:
1. Make tracking orders easy
Everyone’s had this experience: you’re in a rush to get your order, and you want to make sure you get it as soon as possible. If the tracking is simple, you can adjust your plans and enjoy your order as soon as possible.
Our advanced tracking options help ensure your customers are happy with their experience, even after checkout. And, it helps you cut down on your own customer service time. By shipping with FedEx, you’re able to offer your customers multiple convenient ways to keep an eye on their package:
- Online — By going to fedex.com/apps/fedextrack on any device, your customers can choose how they’d like to look up their shipment, enter their numbers for up to 30 shipments and instantly see the status
- SMS — Your customers can choose to receive SMS message tracking updates on their mobile device just by sending a text. From there, they can choose to receive either one notification or on-going notifications throughout the entire delivery process. For step-by-step instructions, direct your customers to mobilesolutions.fedex.com/sms-tracking.
- Email — With just one request, your customers can track up to 30 shipments at a time by sending an email to email@example.com with their tracking, order or reference number in the body of the email. After that, they’ll receive automatic, up-to-the-minute updates. For step-by-step instructions, direct your customers to fedex.com/us/tracking/email.html.
This video provides a more in-depth look at how tracking can help improve your customer experience:
2. Help customers customize their deliveries
Plans change. If you really want your customer experience to shine, you need to be ready for customers who need to adjust their orders after checkout. FedEx Delivery Manager® helps you offer that key flexibility when your customers need it most.
With FedEx Delivery Manager, your customers can request to reschedule, reroute and hold their home deliveries all without your involvement. And because we know no two home deliveries are the same, FedEx Delivery Manager has seven unique options, including:
- Give specific delivery instructions
- Hold at a convenient FedEx location
- Customize delivery times
- Request to deliver to another address
- Sign for a package remotely
- Request a vacation hold
- Receive delivery notifications
To help promote FedEx Delivery Manager to your customers, communication materials are available at fedex.com/us/delivery.
3. Get packages out quicker with convenient pickups
Customers love fast delivery, and you can make that easier on yourself by scheduling pickups for your FedEx® shipments. You can schedule pickups for multiple services and automatically receive a pickup history record, so you can check, edit and cancel pickups.
1Gartner Group, “Leading on the Edge of Chaos”