Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Your business is flourishing ― which is great! ― but a sudden increase in sales means you’ve got tighter deadlines to manage.
- A new customer has a detailed schedule of when freight shipments need to arrive.
- A long-time customer is in a bind and needs your products delivered faster than ASAP.
Having the shipping flexibility to meet those diverse needs ― and knowing all your freight options ― can be the difference between making do and thriving.
To help you decide, we’ve broken down our freight services into five categories of speed and feature needs. Select your situation (or situations) and find out which FedEx Freight® solution is right for you.
1. Your need: Business is booming, requiring speedy deliveries.
Choose: FedEx Freight® Priority
Here’s why: The upcoming holiday season has customers ramping up their orders. Their business relies on the quick delivery of your products, and you need to restock quickly. When you need to get your product in customers’ hands right away, FedEx Freight Priority is the right choice. It has the fastest published transit times of any nationwide less-than-truckload (LTL) service so you’ll be able to execute the turn-on-a-dime maneuvers required in today’s fast-paced marketplace.
2. Your need: You need to cut costs and aren’t in a rush.
Choose: FedEx Freight® Economy
Here’s why: Does your business run like clockwork? Do you typically ship the same product to the same customer on the same day each month? When you can trade time for savings on your standard freight shipments, choose FedEx Freight Economy. You get economical pricing and the reliable service you expect from FedEx.
3. Your need: Your customer needs delivery on their timeline.
Choose: Time-definite service options1
Here’s why: When timing is critical, these time-definite options for your FedEx Freight Priority and FedEx Freight Economy shipments will guarantee delivery by a certain time and day:
- A.M. Delivery: Delivery by 10:30 a.m. on the day of delivery, backed by a money-back guarantee. $90 flat rate.
- Close of Business Delivery: Delivery by 5:00 p.m. on the scheduled delivery date, backed by a money-back guarantee. Free service for standard tariff customers shipping via FedEx Freight Priority. $75 flat fee for nonstandard tariff customers and those shipping via FedEx Freight Economy.
4. Your need: Your customer needed your delivery yesterday.
Choose: FedEx Express® Freight
Here’s why: When your customer needs your freight shipment now, you need FedEx Express Freight. FedEx Express Freight delivers your customers’ shipments earlier to more U.S. locations than UPS Air Freight and offers four time-definite options:2
- For delivery within hours, FedEx SameDay® Freight.
- For delivery as early as 9:00 a.m. the next business day, FedEx First Overnight® Freight.
- For delivery by 10:30 a.m. the next business day for most shipments, FedEx 1Day® Freight.
- For delivery by noon in 2 business days for most shipments, FedEx 2Day® Freight.
5. Your need: To maintain maximum, specialized control over your expedited freight shipments.
Choose: FedEx Custom Critical
Here’s why: Your urgent shipments require that extra-special touch. From rare artworks destined for an exhibit to medical specimens on their way to a research lab, FedEx Custom Critical manages it all. You can choose from an array of shipping options, including:
- Expedited ground and air-shipping solutions
- Temperature-control services
- Security features, including exclusive-use vehicles and continuous shipment monitoring
Easy tools for shipping
Need more help setting up your freight shipments? Visit Freight Central, the go-to website for new less-than-truckload (LTL) shippers. Start by learning the basics with Freight Shipping 101. Once you’re ready to ship, you can use FedEx Ship Manager® to view rates and transit times, generate a Bill of Lading, track the status of your shipments, and more.
Watch success in action
Thousands of small-business freight shippers have streamlined their shipping with FedEx Freight services. One of them, Solar Graphics, even won a marketing video package valued at $15,000 just for making a shipment through FedEx Freight.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1Services are subject to the terms and conditions provided in the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff. Go to Our Services for fee rates.
2See the Service Guide for details on these FedEx Express Freight service options.