Pretty soon, life is going to get hectic.
The holiday season is drawing near, and with it comes the heavy shipping season.
- As an e-tailer and/or retailer, you’re preparing your goods for sale. Soon you’ll need a fast, easy way to ship your products to your customers — with a price you can count on.
- As a consumer, you want a simple way to ship your holiday gifts and other packages. And you don’t want to be surprised by the price.
- As a businessperson, it’s easier to budget your company’s costs for shipping packages and other business materials when you know the cost in advance.
It’s time to get prepared. Predictability can help.
That’s what you can expect with the new FedEx One Rate pricing option. You select the FedEx Express® free white packaging to fit your item. We’ve added more box sizes so you have more to choose from: two of each size, from small to extra-large.
The price you pay to ship your item is based on:
- Which packaging you select.
- Where you’re shipping your package.1
- When you need it to arrive.
That’s it. No weight or dimensional measurement is required for FedEx® envelopes less than 10 lbs., and FedEx paks, boxes and tubes less than 50 lbs.2 With FedEx One Rate, because you can know your shipping costs in advance, you can confidently quote that amount to your customers — or plan ahead for your next shipment. Plus, the time you save by not having to rate shop for shipping quotes frees you up to do more in your business or your personal life. And that’s what matters.
FedEx One Rate. It’s simple, flat rate shipping with the reliability of FedEx.
Order FedEx supplies
The FedEx Express white packaging options are free, and you can pick them up from any FedEx Office or FedEx World Service Center® location. The sturdy, high-quality boxes come with a self-adhering tape. When you’re ready to seal a box, just pull the strip away and tape it shut.
Stuck at your desk? You can order supplies online. Simply log in to fedex.com with your account number and select the package types and sizes you need. Or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. We’ll send your supplies directly to you, typically within 2 to 5 business days.
Shipping service options
Your one rate price is determined, in part, by how fast you need your shipment to arrive at its destination.3 Select any FedEx Express package service, excluding FedEx SameDay®:
- When it needs to be there the next business day:
- FedEx First Overnight® for delivery by 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10, 11 a.m. or noon the next business day, depending on the destination ZIP code.
- FedEx Priority Overnight® for delivery by 10:30 a.m. the next business day to most areas; by noon, 4:30 or 5 p.m. to rural areas.
- FedEx Standard Overnight® for delivery by 3 p.m. the next business day to most areas; by 4:30 p.m. to rural areas; and by 8 p.m. to residences.
- When you have more time in your schedule:
- FedEx 2Day® A.M. for delivery by 10:30 a.m. in 2 business days to most areas and by noon to some rural areas.
- FedEx 2Day® for delivery by 4:30 p.m. in 2 business days to most areas; by 8 p.m. to residences.
- FedEx Express Saver® for delivery by 4:30 p.m. in 3 business days to most areas, by 8 p.m. to residences. (Not available in Alaska and Hawaii.)4
Value-added services, such as Saturday delivery or signature service options, are available for a fee.
Features and benefits
Choosing FedEx One Rate can save you time and money — plus you can count on high-quality packaging and the benefits of reliable FedEx service:
- More packaging options. In addition to our current stock of FedEx Express white envelopes, paks, tubes and boxes, we’ve created new boxes with two options each for small, medium, large and a new category of extra-large sizes.
- Packing assistance. Not a packing expert? No problem. With our convenient pack-and-ship option available at FedEx Office locations, our experts will pack your shipment for a minimal fee. Plus, you automatically get peace of mind with the FedEx Office® Packing Pledge.
- On-time delivery. You choose how fast you want your shipment to arrive: 1, 2 or 3 business days. Plus, your shipment is backed by a money-back guarantee.5
- Declared value coverage. Ship your package online or in-store — either way, there’s no charge for declared value of up to $100. Additional declared value is available for a fee.
Whether you’re a business owner or just a busy person, the ease and reliability of FedEx One Rate make it a smart shipping choice. You don’t need a special billing account, and you don’t need to understand complex shipping weights and measures.
Shipping with ease
Ready to prepare your shipment? You’ve got options here, too:
- Go to FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com, log in with your FedEx account number and complete the shipping label online.
- For an even easier shipping experience, use FedEx Ship Manager® Lite. It’s our new simplified online tool that guides you through each step of the shipping process. You don’t even need an account number. FedEx Ship Manager Lite does have certain shipping limitations, such as no dangerous goods, freight, alcohol or multiple-piece shipments. For the full list of limitations, see below.6
Next, drop off your package at a FedEx Office or FedEx World Service Center location. Or swing by any of our more than 43,000 drop boxes. You can also opt for an on-call pickup at your home or office for a small fee. Or you can include FedEx One Rate packages in your regular scheduled pickup if you already have one.
FedEx Delivery ManagerSM
Before you ship, let your customers or loved ones know how they can enjoy an enhanced delivery experience by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. You’ll appreciate the enhanced loyalty and reduced returns, and they’ll appreciate the convenience of deciding when and where to receive their shipments.
It’s delivery on their time, not ours. Tell your customers to go to fedex.com/delivery for more information and to sign up.
For information on FedEx One Rate pricing, go to fedex.com/one rate.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1The flat rate is determined in part by three zones from origin to destination: generally 0–150 miles, 151–600 miles, and 601-plus miles. This allows a lower flat rate price for shipments to a local or regional ZIP code.
2Terms, conditions, and weight limits apply. See the FedEx Service Guide for details.
3Standard discounts do not apply to the FedEx One Rate pricing option.
4FedEx Express Saver is available only in the contiguous U.S. With any of the FedEx services listed, FedEx One Rate pricing is not available for intra-Hawaii shipments.
5For details on the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee, see Our Services at fedex.com.
6FedEx Ship Manager Lite does have shipping limitations, which include no dangerous goods/hazardous materials shipping, multiple-piece shipping, alcohol shipping, freight shipping, international shipping for items with declared value over $2,500 USD, items subject to be shipped with an export license, when Terms of Sale or Importer of Record need to be changed, when additional customs documentation is needed, packages over 150 lbs./68 kgs., and items subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). For these advanced features, use FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com.