Nothing slows down a well-deserved summer vacation like hauling your bags through a crowded airport. That's why this summer's savvy air travelers are choosing to ship their luggage with FedEx.
Simply bring your luggage to your nearest FedEx Office location and we'll deliver your bags to your hotel, resort or residential address. Or select the Hold at FedEx Location option. At no extra cost, we'll deliver your items to a FedEx location of your choice and hold them securely for you. You can pick up your items when it's convenient within 5 business days. Some locations are open 24 hours a day — many until 9 p.m.
The advantages of shipping luggage with FedEx
Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, shipping beats lugging in so many ways:
- It saves time. When you ship your bags with FedEx, you can skip the baggage check line and the luggage carousel. That means less time in the airport and more time enjoying the city's museums, skiing and beachcombing. For last-minute trips, FedEx Express can ship your luggage where you need it overnight.
- It's convenient. Instead of maneuvering multiple bags down long airport concourses, you can schedule a pickup for door-to-door service or bring your luggage to any FedEx Office location. You can also drop off your luggage at any FedEx World Service Center®, many of which are located close to airports.
- It's affordable. If you leave us your bags a few days before you depart, you can ship for less with FedEx Ground. Simply go online to calculate how much transit time you'll need for your luggage to get to its destination. You can even avoid possible handling fees at your hotel by picking up your luggage at a FedEx location.
- It's great for golfers. Your nearby FedEx Office location sells specialty boxes designed for golf bags, as well as shipping tubes that are sized to accommodate large drivers and multiple irons.
- It's ideal for young families. Bulky necessities like car seats, strollers and portable cribs can be waiting for you when you arrive.
- It's kinder to your luggage. Shipping is also a great way to protect high-end suitcases from normal wear and tear, like scuffs, dings and dirt. Specially designed FedEx luggage bags, available in large or extra-large, will keep your luggage looking great. Your luggage can also fit in FedEx boxes for extra protection and easy shipping.
- It works both ways. FedEx® shipping is just as handy on the way home. Many hotels and conventions centers around the country offer guests the convenience of onsite FedEx Office® Print and Ship Center locations so you can simply drop off your bags as you leave.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.