If winter is the time to curl up indoors, summer is the season for getting on the move. Exotic adventures, wilderness treks, weekend jaunts ― whatever your travels have in store this summer, you can make your trip even better with the convenient options of FedEx Delivery Manager®.
This easy-access suite of delivery options is designed to make your life simpler. It puts you in the driver’s seat by letting you choose when, where and how you want your packages delivered. There’s no membership fee, and it only takes a few minutes to sign up and select your delivery options.1
Here are a few ways FedEx Delivery Manager can fit into your summer travel plans no matter what kind of vacationer you are.
Going across country or coast to coast on your dream vacation? Whether you’re spending a few days away or a couple of weeks, FedEx Delivery Manager can help you feel relaxed from the minute you start planning to when you’re back home unpacking:
- Before you go, suspend deliveries to your residence by requesting a vacation hold for up to 14 calendar days. Expecting a package that can’t wait for you to return? If it requires your signature, you can sign for it in advance online or by completing a printable form before the delivery is made.
- While you’re away, use FedEx Delivery Manager to keep track of the delivery status of all your packages. Access the site right from your smartphone or tablet ― you won’t even need to leave your deck chair. Nor do you need a tracking ID or FedEx account number. Won’t be back in time for the package delivery? You can request to have your packages delivered somewhere other than the initial destination — across town or across the country.2
- If you’re like most globetrotters, your bags will be bulging with souvenirs at the end of your trip. Spare yourself the baggage fees (and the hassle of hauling heavy luggage) by shipping your treasures and your luggage home ahead of you. With FedEx Delivery Manager, you can schedule a specific day and/or time for when you want your packages to arrive.1
The Weekend Wanderer
Sometimes taking a day or two off to see the local sights can be more relaxing than traveling around the world. Use FedEx Delivery Manager to set your shipping on cruise control so you can fully enter that vacation state of mind.
- As you hit the local museums and sandy beaches this summer, you can still stay in touch. With FedEx Delivery Manager, you can get email, phone or text notifications on the go. You’ll receive information on when a shipment is en route; plus, you can choose to be notified at various points during the shipping process so you’re in the know about incoming packages.
- When you’re taking a short vacation, you want to enjoy every minute. Take control of your time by scheduling your package deliveries. Choose a specific day, time, or both, and have your packages ready and waiting for you on your schedule.1
The Wilderness Explorer
Rock-climbing, canoeing, snowshoeing, hiking ― they all require a lot of gear. Instead of stuffing it all in your car for the long drive or paying high baggage fees at the airport, let FedEx Delivery Manager be your Sherpa.
- Ship your equipment to a FedEx location near your starting point and request the Hold at FedEx Location option. There are more than 2,000 FedEx locations across the country, so there’s sure to be one close to your destination site.3 Your equipment will be securely held for up to five business days at no extra charge. And since many of these locations offer extended hours, you have the added benefit of picking up your equipment whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Trekking through the great outdoors can be addictive. If you ship your gear home and suddenly decide you’re not quite ready to end your travels, you don’t have to. With FedEx Delivery Manager, you can easily redirect your shipment to your new destination.3
- When you’re finally ready to end your camping trip, make sure your equipment is delivered to your home in exactly the way you want. It’s easy to add or change instructions with FedEx Delivery Manager, such as “leave on the back porch” or “deliver to the apartment front office.”
Before you go
Find out more how FedEx Delivery Manager can make vacationing even sweeter.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1Some features of FedEx Delivery Manager require a small usage fee. There’s no charge to sign up for the service.
2A per-package fee will be assessed for this request. You will be presented with the full charges before you confirm your request, and all changes are supported by our money-back guarantee. For details on the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee, see Our Services.
3Hold at FedEx Location is available at 1,700-plus FedEx Office locations across the U.S. FedEx Express® shipments can also be held at more than 600 eligible FedEx World Service Center® locations nationwide.