Summertime, and the Shipping is Easy
While summer is prime for vacationing, it can make travelers think twice about shopping online. If they make a purchase, what can they do about packages that arrive at their residence while they’re away?
You can help keep the orders coming in by giving customers access on your site to convenient delivery options with FedEx Delivery Manager®.
Give customers more options
Download the FedEx Delivery Manager® toolkit to see how you can easily integrate these options into your website.
This easy-access suite of delivery options is designed to make consumers’ lives simpler. It puts them in the driver’s seat by letting them choose when, where and how they want their packages delivered.
There’s no membership fee, and it takes only a few minutes for them to sign up and select their delivery options.1 They can also access FedEx Delivery Manager through our free mobile app from their iPhone or Android smartphone.
Here are some ways FedEx Delivery Manager can fit into your customers’ summer travel plans:
- Request a vacation hold. Online shoppers can suspend their residential deliveries for up to 14 calendar days. For packages requiring their signature, they can sign for it in advance online or by completing a printable form before the delivery is made.
- Shipment visibility. While your customers are away from home, FedEx Delivery Manager will help them keep track of the delivery status of all their packages. They can access the site right from their smartphone or tablet, with or without a tracking ID or FedEx account number.
- Delivery notification. Customers can also receive email, phone or text notifications letting them know when an incoming package is en route and at various points during the shipping process.
- Redirect to another address. Customers who won’t be back in time for the package delivery can request to have their package delivered somewhere other than the initial destination — across town or across the country.2
- Hold for pickup. Your customers may want to have their shipment delivered to a FedEx Office location or participating retailer near their home or vacation spot. With the Hold at Location delivery option, they can pick up the package at their convenience within five business days at no extra charge.3
- Specify delivery date. FedEx Delivery Manager enables shoppers to schedule a specific day and/or time for when they want their package to arrive.1
- Specify delivery instructions. Customers can leave instructions as to where they want their package delivered. It’s easy to add or change instructions with FedEx Delivery Manager, such as “leave on the back porch” or “deliver to the apartment front office.”
1Some features of FedEx Delivery Manager require a small usage fee. There’s no charge to sign up for the service.
3Hold at Location is available at 1,700-plus FedEx Office locations and participating retailers across the U.S. FedEx Express® shipments can also be held at more than 600 eligible FedEx World Service Center® locations nationwide.