Wine Shipping - FedEx Features of Service
Features of service
Get Rates & Transit Times
Access the Get Rates & Transit Times tool to get a rate quote and determine the expected delivery date and time for your FedEx Express® or FedEx Ground® shipment.
Need your wine delivered right away? Our three overnight services provide next-business-day delivery to give you and your customers a head start on the day.
FedEx First Overnight®. Delivery by 8, 8:30, 9 or 10 a.m. the next business day depending on the destination. Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii service is outbound only).
FedEx Priority Overnight®. Delivery by 10:30 a.m. the next business day to most areas; by noon, 4:30 or 5 p.m. to some rural areas. Available throughout all 50 states. Also available on Saturday.
FedEx Standard Overnight®. Delivery by 3 p.m. the next business day to most areas, by 4:30 p.m. to some rural areas. Available throughout all 50 states (except certain areas of Alaska and Hawaii).
Have more time in your schedule?
FedEx 2Day®. Delivery by 4:30 p.m. in 2 business days to most areas, by 7 p.m. to residences. Available throughout all 50 states. Also available on Saturday.
FedEx Express Saver®. Delivery by 4:30 p.m. in 3 business days to most areas, by 7 p.m. to residences. Available throughout all states except Alaska and Hawaii. Use your own packaging or FedEx® envelopes and paks, which are the only FedEx Express packaging options you can use for FedEx Express Saver shipments.
For your U.S. shipments that don't require the speed of express shipping, consider the reliable, cost-effective, day-definite delivery provided by these FedEx Ground services.
FedEx Ground. Competitively priced service that provides delivery to every U.S. business address in 1 to 5 business days. In addition, FedEx Ground overnight service is available throughout most of the country.
FedEx Home Delivery®. Competitively priced service that provides delivery to every U.S. residential address in 1 to 5 business days. With FedEx Home Delivery you also get:
- An expanded delivery window — 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Standard Saturday delivery at no extra cost.
- Convenient delivery options to accommodate your recipients' busy schedules, including delivery by appointment, in the evening and on a certain date.
State pairing guide
The FedEx Wine Shipping State Pairing Guide identifies where FedEx Express and FedEx Ground are licensed to transport wine shipments from licensed shippers to consumers and to other licensees. The state pairing guide does not apply to shipments from licensed retailers. Licensed retailers are responsible for knowing which states are open to them for shipping. Following are explanations of some of the terms used to describe the different types of transactions.
Wine shipping to consumers
- Intrastate: Wine shipping that originates and terminates in the same state.
- Off-site: A wine shipment purchased by a consumer via phone, fax, online Web site or wine club that is then shipped to the consumer’s home state.
- On-site: A wine shipment purchased in person by a consumer at a winery or tasting room that is then shipped to the consumer’s home state.
Shipping to licensees
- Licensee. A legal entity that holds an alcohol license and is permitted to manufacture and/or sell wine. A licensee can be a winery, distributor, retailer, consolidator, importer or exporter.
Please note: FedEx International Ground® service to Canada cannot be used for shipping wine.
FedEx International Priority® services go virtually everywhere fast, helping you be more efficient and responsive to your customers.
- FedEx International Priority. Our most popular international service: delivery typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days. Reach major cities in Europe in 2 business days by noon.
- FedEx International Priority® Freight. Delivery typically in 1, 2 or 3 business days. Pickup and delivery options at your door or the airport. Advance confirmation required. Book space at fedex.com or by calling FedEx Express® Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807.
FedEx International Economy® is a cost-effective solution when you can trade time for savings.
- FedEx International Economy. Cost-effective delivery typically in 2 to 5 business days.
- FedEx International Economy® Freight. Delivery typically in 5 business days. Pickup and delivery options at your door or the airport. Advance confirmation required. Book space at fedex.com or by calling FedEx Express Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807.
Licensee-to-consumer countries served
The following list identifies the countries in which FedEx Express is licensed to transport wine shipments from licensed shippers to consumers.
|Bulgaria||Hong Kong||Monaco||South Africa|
|Cyprus||Ireland, Northern (U.K.)||Philippines||The Netherlands|
|England (U.K.)||Japan||Romania||Wales (U.K.)|
* Includes the provinces of Alberta, Ontario and Quebec only.
FedEx Express also delivers licensee-to-licensee shipments in these and additional countries. To determine if licensee-to-licensee shipping is available in a country not listed here, please call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
International wine shipping guide
For helpful information concerning country-specific requirements, restrictions and importation laws ― as well as an exhibit of and instructions for completing the Simplified Export Certificate for U.S. Wine for Export to the European Community ― please refer to the International Wine Shipping Guide.
Customized Commercial Invoice
To help facilitate the customs clearance of your wine shipments, please use our special customized Commercial Invoice.