Make connections all over the world
Taking your business global doesn’t have to be intimidating. All you need is a simple, affordable way to deliver international orders that eliminates work on your end and adds satisfaction on your customer’s end.
FedEx International MailService is a contract-only service that helps you tap into worldwide opportunities by helping you save money through shipment consolidation, cut down on paperwork, and meet delivery expectations for your customers.
Why It’s Easy
Global reach. FedEx International MailService is available to nearly every address in 190 countries, with final delivery through the destination country’s postal system.
Less work for you. Simply consolidate your packages, label the bag, and have your FedEx courier pick it up. We’ll sort, stamp, and deliver the packages to your customers, leveraging the destination country’s postal system — so you can spend more time on the day-to-day operations that make your business successful.
Simple integration. You can integrate FedEx International MailService into your online platform without additional coding or IT support.
Shipment activity reports. You can get customized shipment reports that detail the nature of your mailings for any given period of time to help with planning, budgeting, and auditing your shipment activity.
Delivery at your speed
Whether you need us to handle your mail weekly, daily, or twice a year, count on efficient handling and processing for timely, reliable delivery.
Premium Delivery — With premium delivery, you can set delivery expectations for your customers with global tracking from FedEx International Mail View®, which uses seven bar code scans throughout your shipment’s journey to allow you to track its status. You’ll know when it’s leaving the U.S., entering the foreign market, arriving on your customer’s doorstep, and more steps in-between.
Standard delivery — When cost savings are more important than delivery times, use this option. Transit time is typically 7 to 11 international business days — from FedEx® pickup to handoff to the destination country’s postal authority.*
Customized service — Offer a full range of customizable solutions for both time-sensitive and general mail. Contact us to set up your customized service.
*Date of final delivery to the recipient depends on the destination country’s postal system and varies by country and service selected.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What can I ship with FedEx International MailService?
Books are OK. Your pet rabbit, not so much. Anything you would normally send by mail in your home country should generally be permitted through FedEx International MailService.
Items you can ship include:
- DVDs and CDs
- Computer, electronic, and camera parts and accessories
- Personal grooming items (non-flammable only)
- Low-value commercial items
- Magazines, catalogs, booklets, and annual reports
- Food and nutritional supplements
- Marketing mailings
- Any items permitted by FedEx and the postal authority of the destination country
Items you cannot ship include:
- Biological materials, such as bacteria or virus samples
- Firearms, weapons, or their parts
- Flammable and explosive chemicals or products
- Hazardous waste materials
- Live animals
- Lottery tickets or other gambling items
- Money, including cash instruments, currency, coins, and other forms of money or cash equivalents
- Any item prohibited by local law in the destination country
Do not ship items prohibited by FedEx, the destination country, international mail regulations, or national law. For details, check:
Where can I ship with FedEx International MailService?
This is a U.S.-outbound service only. Service is not available to U.S. domestic addresses or post office boxes, Army Post Office (APO) boxes, Fleet Post Office (FPO) boxes, Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) boxes, and these U.S. territories:
- American Samoa
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Marshall Islands
- Puerto Rico
- St. Croix
- St. John
- U.S. Virgin Islands
How do I request a rate quote?
Simply contact a FedEx account executive for specific rates. If you don’t already have a FedEx account executive, please call FedEx International MailService Customer Service at 1.888.339.6245 to request one.
Your FedEx account executive will ask for:
- The service(s) you would like to use.
- Your FedEx account number. If you don't have one, your FedEx account executive can open one for you.
- Number of items you plan to ship.
- Type of items being shipped.
- Average weight per piece.
- Percentage of mail to each global region (Canada, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa).
- Required transit time.
How can I schedule a pickup?
- Use your regular scheduled FedEx Express® pickup if you have one.
- If you don't have a regular scheduled pickup and would like one, talk to your FedEx account executive or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- Schedule a pickup online.
How can I track the status of my shipment?
Follow the movement of your individual pieces to their final destinations with this add-on tool. FedEx International Mail View gives you online visibility so you can help manage your customers’ expectations. It’s available for most major markets.
How can I pay my invoice?
When you sign up for FedEx International MailService, you work with your FedEx account executive to determine the best price for your business. From then on, you’ll pay a single per-pound rate, based on actual weight (no rounding up), so the size of your shipments won’t unexpectedly raise your rates.
We’ll invoice you for each FedEx International MailService shipment, according to the international billing cycle you select. If you are already using FedEx Express® services, your FedEx International MailService shipments will appear on your FedEx Express invoice.
Choose from any of the billing and invoicing options offered for FedEx Express services, including:
- Online billing
- EDI invoices and remittance
- Credit card billing and payment
- Paper invoices
Contact your FedEx account executive to learn more