You want to expand your business beyond the U.S. market, but your list of questions and concerns is long: How do you develop a business plan? Does your product have good market value globally? Would it succeed better in one country over another? How do you learn about complying with trade regulations? And most important: Where do you find the answers to all these questions, and more?
No more searching out multiple sources to find the educational opportunities that will help you go global. To help businesses like yours gain access to various export-specific seminars, conferences, classes and webinars, we've recently launched the FedEx Know and GrowSM program. It's your single, direct connection to reputable agencies and trade organizations, such as the U.S. Commercial Service, the U.S. Census Bureau, ExporTech and Export University, the Bureau of Industry Security (BIS), and more.
Easy access to trade experts
To look for upcoming events covering every aspect of exporting, including specific markets, industries and commodities, see our Export Education & Events Calendar. It offers you access to more than 100 learning opportunities every year. By attending these sessions, you'll learn how to:
- Compile an effective export expansion plan. ExporTech programs walk you through the development of an export expansion plan to meet your growth strategy.
- Identify the right market for your products. Export University offers a three-tiered, quick-learning approach on topics relative to your export success — from basics to advanced topics.
- Understand regulatory requirements and export compliance. Courses taught by the U.S. Census Bureau, the BIS, FedEx Trade Networks and others prepare you to meet export regulation requirements and build an export compliance program.
- Obtain trade financing resources. The Export-Import Bank and the Small Business Administration provide export financing options to meet the needs of U.S. businesses expanding globally.
- Connect around the globe. Multi-day conferences — which can include industry-specific and global market-focused programs — bring extensive resources and knowledge to the business community.
Designed with you in mind
Offered throughout the U.S. as well as internationally, the events vary in price and generally range from 60- to 90-minute webinars, to half- or full-day classroom programs, to two- or three-day conferences, to multi-session courses that span over 90 days. The sessions are:
- Economically priced — some are free.
- Led by experienced business professionals and experts from the market.
- Created with small-business needs in mind.
- Educational, with an expansive array of topics.
Not with a smaller company? While many events emphasize small-business development, employees from departments within larger corporations also attend: marketing teams looking to expand their business into new markets, compliance managers who need to understand export regulations, and CEOs learning to write an international business expansion plan, for example.
You want to succeed. We want to help. That's why we invest in programs like FedEx Know and Grow — to guide you to the know-how you need to do business with your global neighbors.
Plan for your global future today
For more details on the learning sessions currently available, go to the Export Education & Events Calendar on the FedEx® International Shipping website. The information is updated as sessions are confirmed, so check back often.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.