Additional Service Options for Shipping to Canada
You can count on FedEx for service quality. We offer an array of options to meet your special shipping needs.
- FedEx® Crossborder Solutions. As a result of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), U.S. businesses like yours have been able to increase their trade volume and discover new markets in Canada and Mexico. But with increased trade comes increased challenges and complexities. What if you could simplify and consolidate your shipping operation to Canada and Mexico, maximize efficiencies, and cut costs? With FedEx as your shipping provider, you can. Learn more about how your business can benefit from cross-border trade and why FedEx® services are uniquely positioned to address and handle your North American trade requirements.
- FedEx Trade Networks Non-Resident Importer Program. This program enables U.S. shippers, who in most cases do not have a physical presence in Canada, to act as the importer of record for all of their shipments to Canada. As such, U.S. shippers are responsible for all charges, clearance entry fees, duties and taxes, ancillary fees, and shipping charges. This program benefits U.S. companies that would like to sell goods to Canadian customers based on a delivered price. In addition, it enables them to clear shipments as a consolidation rather than as individual pieces, resulting in simplified paperwork and reduced brokerage fees. For more information about this program, contact your FedEx account executive or go to the Non-Resident Importer Program page on fedex.com.
- FedEx International Ground MultiweightTM Pricing. This contractual pricing option enables you to ship several FedEx International Ground® packages as one shipment to the same destination in Canada on the same day.
- Pricing is based on the combined weight of your packages.
- Multiple-piece shipments weighing 150 lbs. or more qualify.
- There is no need to shrinkwrap, palletize, stage or segregate shipments.
For more information on saving time and money with FedEx Ground Multiweight pricing and to see if you qualify, please contact your FedEx account executive. If you don't have an account executive, call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339, or click here for more information.
- FedEx Ground® C.O.D. (Collect on Delivery). FedEx Ground offers C.O.D. service for shipments to Canada, which enables you to immediately do business with a Canadian customer for whom you have yet to establish a credit line. You designate the amount for FedEx Ground to collect when the shipment is delivered. The amount (check or cash) is then collected and remitted directly to you in Canadian currency.1
- FedEx Ground® Package Returns Program. This service option simplifies the return process for shippers who regularly receive merchandise back from their customers for which they pay the shipping charges. The FedEx Ground Package Returns Program is a contract-only service; you must contact your FedEx account executive to set up an account and place the initial preprinted label order.
1A fee applies; for details go to the FedEx Ground Tariff.