Whether you're considering Canada as a viable export market or want better options to streamline your existing U.S.-to-Canada supply chain, our portfolio of shipping solutions can help.
Our neighbor to the north presents a logical, lucrative market for your small business. In fact, Canada is America's largest trading partner and the leading export market for 36 of the 50 U.S. states. That makes it a top consideration when you're determined to grow your business to the next level.
Start with 4 easy steps to ship to Canada
Need to smooth your customs clearance process? Predetermine duties and fees? Explore services to match your changing needs?
Locate the resources you need for export shipping to Canada in one convenient place: fedex.com/us/canada. Instead of daunting, everything becomes doable with these key tools:
- Find the Harmonized System (HS) code of your product. This standardized number assists in providing a more accurate estimate of duties and taxes on your shipment and helps you determine which customs documents you need to complete. Use your FedEx account number with FedEx® Global Trade Manager to find your HS code quickly.
- Explore your shipping and brokerage options. FedEx International Ground® shipments to Canada offer you two options: brokerage-inclusive service, which means your paperwork gets processed while the shipment is en route; or the option to select your own broker through the broker-select option. Get the details you need to choose wisely.
- Estimate duties and taxes. Once you get the HS code for your shipment, go to the FTA Tariff Tool on export.gov to determine if you qualify for lower duties or taxes under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Your savings could be substantial.
- Prepare documentation. To cross the border into Canada, you need to complete the Commercial Invoice and NAFTA Certificate of Origin. Find both on our website. Electronic doc prep saves you time and money. Go to fedex.com/trade-documents to complete yours online.
Choose your service
Match a FedEx® shipping service to your exact schedule and budget. Our broad portfolio for shipping to Canada includes:
- FedEx International Ground. The only U.S. carrier that provides ground service to every business and residential address in all 10 Canadian provinces, plus Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut, with delivery in 2 to 7 business days. Transit time depends on distance to the destination from the U.S.
- FedEx Freight® services. For less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments to Canada, choose either FedEx Freight® Priority when speed is critical to meeting your supply chain needs or FedEx Freight® Economy when you can trade time for savings. Early delivery by 10:30 a.m. on a standard delivery day is available for select destinations.
- FedEx® International DirectDistribution. Let FedEx consolidate your multiple-piece shipments for smooth customs clearance; then let us break down the consolidated shipment and deliver them to your multiple customers in Canada. You’ll reduce the cost of holding inventory. And enjoy seamless delivery from one company.
- FedEx International Priority®. Deliver in just one business day when you have a package of up to 150 lbs. or multiple-piece shipments of unlimited weight.
- FedEx International Economy®. Deliver in 2 business days with door-to-door, customs-cleared service for shipments up to 150 lbs.
Start exporting today
Get more information. More support. More services. Getting your exports to customers in Canada couldn't be any simpler than this. Take the first important step to growing your business in Canada at fedex.com/us/canada.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.