This year, you promised yourself, you’ll keep on top of things over the holidays. You’ll save more, stay on schedule, be in the know. Because life gets even busier over the holidays, let us help. FedEx is #HowTheHolidaysArrive.
When it comes to keeping on task, things run more smoothly when you have the necessary tools on hand. Here are links to information that will help you with your shopping and shipping activities this holiday season.
A. How to find great gift ideas
- Check out our Pinterest Gifts That Ship board for the perfect finds for everyone on your list.
- Shop in your neighborhood and show your support for local stores, restaurants and boutiques.
- Check out the unique products made by current and past FedEx Small Business Grant Contest winners.
B. How to pack your items for shipping
- The easiest way to pack your gifts is to bring them into any FedEx Office location. Our experts will pack your items for you for as little as $4.99. The Pack and Ship Service video explains how we can take care of it for you. To give you peace of mind, packing services come with the FedEx Office® Packing Pledge — something you’ll appreciate in this busy time of year.
- Like to handle things on your own? For everything you need to know about how to pack and ship your items, go to Packing Resources and Supplies. Watch step-by-step instructions on packing, shipping and more on the FedEx Video Center. Select from videos on how to pack, seal and label shipments, including one specifically on how to ship golf clubs. You can also get instructions on how to securely pack your framed artwork and desktop computer.
- Pick up FedEx® supplies at any FedEx Office or FedEx World Service Center® locations. You can also order FedEx supplies online ― they’re typically delivered in 2 to 5 business days.
C. How to select a FedEx service
- Start by going to the Holiday Shipping page for information on the service schedule and last days to ship. Keep in mind that FedEx Ground is faster to more locations than UPS Ground. And FedEx Ground retail rates are 10% less than UPS Ground retail rates.1
- Learn about delivery to a residence.
- Get info on Saturday deliveries.
- Check out the FedEx One Rate® pricing option for simple flat rate shipping. Choose from 12 sizes of FedEx Express® packaging at no extra cost — and you don’t have to weigh or measure shipments under 50 lbs.2
D. How to create shipping labels on the go
- Use your desktop, laptop or mobile device to create and print shipping labels with FedEx Ship Manager® Lite. It’s easy to use and you don’t even need a FedEx account number.
- Use our Mobile Shipping Label option on FedEx Ship Manager® at fedex.com to create a barcode that a FedEx Office team member can scan from your smartphone or other mobile device to print your label.
E. How to ship a package
- Go to a FedEx Office location to get help packing and shipping your items.
- Drop your packages off at a FedEx Express® Drop Box. There are nearly 40,000 drop boxes conveniently located across the U.S. You can complete the shipping label online beforehand or use the supplies available at the site.
- Bring your package to an in-store FedEx ShipSite® kiosk at an OfficeMax location.
F. How to provide convenient delivery options
- Select FedEx Home Delivery® when you want your packages shipped to a residence between Tuesday and Saturday. The multiple day- and time-definite options help ensure your packages reach your loved ones in time for the holidays. You can request that your package is delivered on a specific date with FedEx Date Certain Home Delivery®. Make sure it arrives between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. with FedEx Evening Home Delivery®. Or let your loved one decide when to receive the package by choosing FedEx Appointment Home Delivery® — we’ll contact the recipient by phone in advance to schedule the delivery.3 Because Saturday is a standard delivery day, not only is there no extra cost, but shipments that would be delivered to recipients on Monday by another carrier will reach their homes two days earlier. In fact, FedEx Home Delivery is faster to more residential locations than UPS Ground.
- Take advantage of our free Hold at FedEx Location delivery option. You can ship your package to a FedEx Office location where your loved ones can pick it up when it’s convenient for them. Use Hold at FedEx Location for packages coming to you, too. If you won’t be home for a delivery, you can redirect your package to a nearby FedEx Office location.
G. How to stay on top of deliveries
- Customize when and where your packages are delivered by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager. Encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- Sign up for FedEx Service Alerts so you’ll be notified of any delivery delays due to inclement weather.
- Use FedEx® Tracking to know the status of your delivery.
Get answers to other questions you might have on shipping your packages this holiday season, including last days to ship, the holiday schedule, what to do when your shipment is delayed by inclement weather, and exceptions to the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee during the holidays.
To speak to someone in FedEx Customer Service, call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1For all weights and zones in the contiguous U.S., comparing published 2015 FedEx Ground retail rates and UPS retail rates. Actual charges may vary based on weight, dimensions, and service options.
2Up to 50 lbs. in FedEx paks, boxes, and tubes. 10 lbs. in FedEx® Envelopes.
3Saturday delivery and the convenient delivery options are not available to all areas. Contact your FedEx account executive for more information.