When schedules don’t allow enough time to wait for a package delivery, you can request the package to be delivered to a nearby FedEx Office location.
It's simple. Instead of sending a package to a business or residential address, you can choose to have your FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® packages delivered to a nearby FedEx Office location. There are more than 1,800 locations nationwide, many of them open 24 hours every day.
Have a change of plans? That’s easy, too. Even while your shipment is en route, you or the recipient can redirect the package to a FedEx location near the original destination. With most shipments, there’s no need to wait for a delivery attempt. Plus, there’s no charge for the service.
Making convenience an option
Here are some examples when Hold at FedEx Location is a practical option for you or your customers:
- Busy schedule. The convenient hours at FedEx Office locations offer the flexibility demanded by busy schedules. In many cases, your customers can pick up their packages before the scheduled delivery time.
- Security. Customers concerned about leaving packages unattended at their residence will appreciate the security of having them held at a nearby FedEx Office location. And with the holidays arriving, this is a great service to promote to your customers.
- Sensitive items. If the contents are susceptible to outside conditions, use Hold at FedEx Location to keep the package safe from the elements.
- ID required. When the delivery requires a signed proof of identification, a FedEx Office team member can verify it for you.
- Peace of mind. Rather than list a home address, your customers can request to have their packages held at a FedEx Office location nearby.
- Easier traveling. Does your business cater to tourists? Do you own an antique store or gift shop? Suggest to your vacationing customers that you can send their souvenirs and gifts to their neighborhood FedEx Office so their packages are waiting when they return home. They also might be interested to know they can even send their luggage on ahead instead of struggling in long airport lines.
Hold at FedEx Location and Redirect to Hold at FedEx Location are convenient and secure options for when no one will be available — and best of all, there’s no extra charge.
How it's done
When you ship a package, requesting Hold at FedEx Location service is easy. Simply use one of these options:
- Designate Hold at FedEx Location when you create a shipping label.
- Go to fedex.com, enter your tracking or door tag number, and select "Hold at FedEx Location."
- Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- Use a FedEx Ship Manager® solution for your shipments. FedEx Ship Manager Software is now available for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments, as well as for FedEx Express shipments.
To redirect a shipment while it’s in transit, either you or the recipient can use one of these two options:
- Go to fedex.com, enter your tracking or door tag number, and select “Hold at FedEx Location.”
- Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. The FedEx Office location must be near the original destination area.
For either service, if a telephone number is included, we'll try to contact the recipient after the package arrives at our facility. Packages will be held for up to five business days and are released only with proof of identification.
For more information on the Hold at FedEx Location and Redirect to Hold at FedEx Location services, and to watch a video on the benefits and options available, go to fedex.com.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.