When your customers make special requests for their freight shipments, assure them you've got it covered. With FedEx Express Freight services, you have options to satisfy nearly any scenario.
Saturday and any-day service
Your company counts on fast, reliable service for heavyweight, palletized freight shipments. And because many businesses work on a six-day schedule, you need pickup or delivery service Monday through Saturday. Sometimes you might need pickup and delivery on the same day. FedEx Express Freight can help you:
- Meet your customers' demands better than the competition.
- Reduce order-to-delivery cycle times to speed up invoice payments.
- Maximize the efficiency of your supply chain.
Satisfy your customers' tight timelines with these service options:
- Saturday pickup and delivery are available in many major U.S. markets.1 Plus, your shipments are backed by our money-back guarantee to give you a greater level of confidence.2
- FedEx First Overnight.® Freight. For your urgent shipments, FedEx First Overnight Freight delivers by 9 or 10:30 the next business morning, earlier than UPS Next Day Air Freight.3
- FedEx SameDay® Freight. When customers really can't wait, you can be the hero. Use FedEx SameDay Freight to make a delivery in hours, depending on flight availability. Need cross-country delivery today? No problem. You'll really wow customers when they need you most. Service is available in all 50 states, 365 days a year.
At times, your freight shipment demands not only reliable, fast service, but also some extra attention. When you're trying to delight customers, you want to go a step beyond. FedEx Express Freight can help you delight your customers with our value-add options:
- FedEx Priority AlertTM. Peace of mind is vital when you're shipping high-value, high-demand or highly sensitive items. With FedEx Priority Alert, you gain the benefit of a dedicated specialist working directly with you to manage your critical freight shipments and provide an extra layer of shipment visibility when it matters most. The specialist provides around-the-clock support, as well as monitoring and notification.
For the healthcare sector, FedEx Priority Alert PlusTM includes the recovery options of dry ice replenishment, gel pack exchange and cold storage in addition to the existing FedEx Priority Alert features.
To see if your business is eligible for specialized service through FedEx Priority Alert, contact your FedEx account executive or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- Dangerous goods shipping. Shipping aerosol sprays, car or lithium batteries, chemicals, and other items considered dangerous goods requires an experienced carrier. Contact FedEx Express Freight Services at 1.800.332.0807 to determine the best freight service to fit your needs and to ensure you qualify.
- Hold at FedEx Location. You or your customers can have freight shipments delivered to select staffed FedEx locations to pick up when it's most convenient.
- FedEx® Collect on Delivery (C.O.D.). We'll secure payments for you so that you get paid faster while giving you one less thing to worry about.
- FedEx Express Freight Box. Shipping heavy, delicate or critical items? These specialized heavy-duty boxes enable you to ship palletized freight with added confidence. Their rigid, durable sides give them more support and make them easier to stack. They also conceal the items inside and are easy to assemble, load and unload.
While they work for any business, the FedEx Express Freight Boxes are especially well-suited for the automotive, electronics, computer, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, medical, scientific, printing and publishing industries. To see if your business is eligible for using the FedEx Express Freight Box, contact your FedEx account executive.
When you need fast, reliable and efficient pickup and delivery of critical freight items, count on FedEx Express Freight services. To check on the service area for your freight shipment, call customer service at 1.800.332.0807 or use the FedEx Express Freight Service Area Locator.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1Saturday pickup and delivery are available to many major markets for an additional charge. Saturday delivery is not available with Hold at FedEx Location.
2For details on the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee, see Our Services at fedex.com.
3See fedex.com/us/service-guide for terms and locations served.