Customers like you need news and information to be timely, offer convenience and stay accessible. That's why FedEx uses Twitter to enhance how we communicate with you — both online and on your mobile device. Go to @FedEx to get the news and information that's most important to you and your business including:
- Content about our organization, thought leadership and innovation.
- Creaking news, press releases and investor-related information.
- Environmental, safety, community and philanthropic activities.
- Information on marketing, sponsorship and promotional topics.
Why follow FedEx?
Whether you ship individual packages to your online customers or you book LTL (less-than-truckload) freight services to regularly ship a few skids' worth of goods to a client's warehouse, our Twitter feed will help you stay current about the FedEx® services and products available to you.
When you follow FedEx, you and your company will benefit with news and tips on topics such as:
- Product updates
- Service enhancements
- Extended transit times and expanded coverage areas
- Promotions and events
- Ways to save money and time
- Community and sustainability efforts
- Employee stories
- Executive blog posts
Are you new to Twitter?
Not only can Twitter help you stay connected to FedEx, you can also make it work for your business. According to a MarketingProfs survey, Twitter ranks second to blogs as the social media tool that delivers the most value for business.* Companies use Twitter to help build their customer base, promote their brand and respond to customer-service issues.
It's easy to get started, and once you're initiated into the Twitter feeds, you'll quickly catch on to the language and how the service works. Here's how to join the Twitter crowd:
- Set up a Twitter account. Set up your Twitter account at http://twitter.com. After that, you can send out "tweets," which are short (140-character) messages, usually with just one or two sentences, often including a link to a longer article. You can also follow other tweeters.
- Find followers. To get your message to the right people, include your Twitter URL in all your marketing and advertising materials and add the Twitter icon to your website.
- Follow your favorites. Search for tweeters that interest you via the internet, by word of mouth or from others who have tweeted you. Then click their "follow" icons to add them to your Twitter feed.
Become a FedEx follower
Go to http://twitter.com/fedex to follow any of the FedEx tweets.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
*Erik Bratt, "Twitter Success Stories: How 11 companies are achieving their marketing objectives — 140 characters at a time," MarketingProfs (2009), http://www.mikekujawski.ca/ftp/twitter.pdf.