You have a busy schedule. We understand.
When you can't stick around to receive your shipment — or you need to leave before we pick up your outgoing shipment — we'll let you know we've been there and the next steps for you to take.
We'll leave a door tag or delivery notice with information about your FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® or FedEx Home Delivery® shipment:
- Package delivered. If you're not home when we deliver your FedEx Express package, we'll indicate on the door tag where to find it, such as at your front, back or side door, the neighbor's house, or your apartment building's office.
- Package not delivered. We'll mark the reason we don't leave your FedEx Express, FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery package. It might be that the shipment requires your signature, payment is due upon delivery, security concerns prevent it or we want to minimize the chance of damage to the package.
- Steps to take if you won't be home for delivery.
- FedEx Express
- To pick up your package today, call the phone number listed on the door tag and pick up your package at the FedEx Express station indicated.
- FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery
- You can pick up your package the next day at a FedEx Office location. Call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or go to fedex.com and enter your door tag or tracking number in the tracking window. Then select Hold at FedEx Location for a list of eligible FedEx locations. Select the location most convenient to you, and we'll deliver your package there, at no extra charge. You can also request this option before we make a delivery attempt.
- FedEx Express
A door tag will provide information on your FedEx Express or FedEx Ground pickup:
- Successful pickup. We'll show you the date and time we picked up your package. You can use the tracking number marked on the door tag to track the status of the shipment.
- Unsuccessful pickup. If we're unable to complete the pickup, we'll let you know why, along with the next time we'll attempt a pickup. If you must reschedule the pickup, we'll let you know that, too. If improper packaging or documentation was the reason for the unsuccessful pickup, contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or email for instructions.
To view images of FedEx Express and FedEx Ground door tags, go to Our Services and click on the tabs for delivery and pickup options.
Free delivery notifications
We can contact you one day prior to delivery with the approximate arrival time of your signature-required or C.O.D. shipment to your residence or the FedEx location where you can pick up your package. Register your notification preferences today at fedex.com/notifyme to let us know how you want to be contacted — email, call or text message. It's a free option!
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.