Export Freight With Ease
While you’re looking at your tax records and business plan this spring, you might be evaluating how to further grow your business. Consider expanding your customer base beyond the U.S. borders. Shipping freight internationally is easy with FedEx. We’ll assist you every step of the way, from finding the right market for your products to choosing the services that fit your business needs.
More than 70 percent of the world’s purchasing power is located outside of the U.S., and with the help of FedEx® international freight services, you can easily reach more than 130 countries and territories.
Know your freight options
Because you're one of many exporters from the U.S. — as well as from other countries — beating your competition is critical to your success. We can help by providing a broad portfolio of freight shipping services, no matter how fast you need it to arrive.
- When you're on a tight deadline, choose FedEx International Priority® Freight. The time-definite, door-to-door air freight service includes customs clearance and delivers your freight to its final destination typically in just 1–3 business days. FedEx International Priority Freight serves more countries and territories than UPS Worldwide Express Freight.
- When you'd rather prioritize savings over speed, you can opt for FedEx International Economy® Freight. Get day-definite, door-to-door service and customs clearance while still getting your freight delivered in typically between 1 and 5 business days.
- When you're moving less-than-truckload (LTL) freight to Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico, you can select an LTL freight service. Choose between the time-sensitive FedEx Freight® Priority or the savings-oriented FedEx® Freight Economy.2
- For freight shipments that require expedited service, ask for FedEx Custom Critical. Our surface and air delivery options will move your cargo to its destination country as soon as the same day. You can also request special handling services, such as increased security, and temperature-control packaging and monitoring.
For added peace of mind
Fast delivery plus no-hassle shipping is a perfect formula for exceeding your customers' expectations. Plus, with these added service options, you can rest assured your product will be handled with care and delivered on time.
- For customized international freight forwarding solutions, simplify and accelerate your process with FedEx Trade Networks. Choose the modes and carriers that most effectively support your cost and scheduling needs. Access a variety of value-added services, from document preparation to shrink wrap and packing, and supply chain optimization to trade and customs advisory services.
- Free assistance. For your LTL shipments to Canada, you can get free 24-hour attention from our Freight International Services team. The team will help coordinate with your broker, customs, and your FedEx Freight driver, and make sure all your paperwork is complete.
- Your freight shipments are important, and you'll want visibility of their status every step of the way. With FedEx® Tracking, you've got several options for tracking the status of your shipments.
Make freight easier
Take advantage of our wealth of resources to help make your international operations run more smoothly.
- Fit for new and veteran exporters alike, this series of webinars provides a thorough look at navigating the international shipping process: Export Strategy and Planning; Compliance When Crossing Borders; and Compliance Best Practices — Crossing More Borders.
- Carefully plan and regularly review each step of your export plan with the help of our Export Roadmap. Use either the detailed version or the quick reference guide.
- Do you still use airway bills? FedEx Ship Manager® is a quick electronic way to generate Bills of Lading and shipping labels. You can also schedule pickups, create an address book, and track shipments with this interactive online tool.
International freight shipping is a big undertaking, but that doesn't mean it has to be difficult. It also doesn't mean you have to go it alone. Remember, we're here to help.
This is just a taste of the available resources that can help you save money and time transporting your freight across the world. For more info, visit our helpful Service Guide.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
1International Trade Administration, "Exporting is Good for Your Bottom Line."
2FedEx Freight Priority ships internationally only to and from Canada and Mexico. FedEx Freight Economy ships internationally only to and from Canada.