Tracking and Customization Take the Guesswork Out of Home Deliveries
A missed package delivery is inconvenient and frustrating. Whether you're the small-business owner shipping a package or the customer waiting for its arrival, you need a way to make home deliveries work with your schedule.
Now, with FedEx Delivery ManagerSM, you have greater visibility, increased flexibility and added convenience.
FedEx Delivery Manager is an easy-access suite of options that provides benefits to both sides of the shipping equation.
- Customers receive their packages scheduled for home delivery when and where they need them.
- Businesses reduce costs associated with missed deliveries and gain more satisfied customers loyal to their products and services.
It's the suite of options that helps make lives run more smoothly. Get home delivery on your schedule, not ours.
You, the recipient
Stay in the know about the delivery status of your packages. Customize when and where you receive them.
Now you can get an at-a-glance view of all FedEx® packages coming to your home and know the delivery status for each one — no tracking ID or FedEx account number required.
To start the service, simply go to fedex.com/delivery and sign up. First, answer a few questions to verify your identity, then choose your notification preferences. You'll instantly see any packages addressed to you at your home.
Need to make a delivery adjustment while the package is en route? No problem! That's the beauty of visibility, flexibility and options.
Stay on top of your package's progress by selecting your preferred method of proactive notifications. For your convenience, you can select to have these messages delivered by email, text or automated voice call.
Choose to be notified:
- When the package is shipped
- The day before the package is delivered
- The day of delivery
- If there's an exception (such as an attempted delivery made in your absence)
- When your package is delivered
If you've arranged for us to deliver your package to the nearest FedEx Office or FedEx Express location, you can also receive a notification when it's available for pickup. We'll hold it for you at no charge for up to five business days.
Some locations are open 24 hours a day and most until 9 p.m., so you're free to stop by at a time that works with your schedule.
FedEx Delivery Manager offers a variety of convenient options so you can tailor your delivery to fit your schedule:
- When you're out and about: Provide delivery instructions. Create overarching instructions for all packages coming to your home. For example, "Leave it on the back porch."
- When you absolutely need it now: Sign for a package ahead of time. Provide your signature online or use the printable form in advance of the delivery to authorize the package to be released.
- When you can't risk leaving it unattended: Request vacation hold. Select a date range (up to 14 calendar days) to suspend all shipments coming to an address.
- When you need convenience and security: Request Hold at FedEx Location. Have your package held at a nearby FedEx Office or FedEx Express location and pick it up on your schedule. Packages are released only with proof of identification.
- When you want to personally receive it: Schedule the delivery. Select a day, a time, or both a date and a time that's after the original delivery commitment.
- When you change your location — or your mind: Reroute to another address. Have packages delivered somewhere other than the initial destination — a neighbor, to your office or across the country.*
When you're on the go, there's no need to slow down. You can fully access FedEx Delivery Manager via smartphone or tablet. It's easy to set your preferences and direct shipments from virtually anywhere.
You, the small-business owner
Giving your customer options to fit their lifestyle is a win-win. You'll gain their loyalty while your business saves time and money:
Better customer service
One of the most common reasons customers call a shipper is to check the status of their package. With FedEx Delivery Manager, your customers can track their packages' status — on their own and without a tracking number — each step of the way. Greater visibility keeps your customers content. And it frees up you and your staff to focus on other things.
When you give your customers the tools to customize their home deliveries, it dramatically reduces the chance of missed packages. Your customers are happier — and you're saved from fielding delivery status questions and footing the bill for return shipments.
In a recent comScore study on online shopping, more than 40% of online shoppers reported that they've walked away from a shopping cart because of issues with the estimated delivery date. And 41% said "receiving my product when expected" would lead them to recommend a retailer to their social groups.
Flexible, reliable shipping encourages repeat customers — and improved word-of-mouth will take your business to the next level.
Enjoy convenience today
Get your packages to the right place, every time. Go to fedex.com/delivery to learn more.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.
*A per-package fee will be assessed for this request. You will be presented with the full charges before you confirm your request, and all changes are supported by our money-back guarantee. For details on the FedEx Money-Back Guarantee, see Our Services at fedex.com.