Getting ready for college is a rollercoaster ride of excitement, optimism and challenges. The reality of moving back to campus can be a complicated endeavor. Most parents are focused on getting the fundamentals — bedding, books, computer — and packing it all in time for the big move.
Students' priorities usually revolve around making their dorm room their own. From posters and twinkle lights to the latest HDTV, Blu-ray player and gaming system, defining their own space reigns above all else.
At FedEx Office, we have solutions that will satisfy the needs of everyone — parents and students alike.
- Protect laptops and small electronics. Securely ship your student's laptop or small electronic device, such as an MP3 player or cellphone, with specifically engineered packaging. Simply bring in your high-tech items and we'll find the correct box for you.
- Lighten your load. Instead of hauling your student's luggage and college-bound gear, let FedEx ship it for you. We have a wide variety of packing and box options — even for heavier and larger items. Just bring your luggage to the nearest FedEx Office location, so you can focus on other priorities.
- Stress less. Does packing stress you out? Get peace of mind by bringing your items to FedEx Office® Print and Ship Centers, where our packing experts will pack and ship them for you. Packing services start at just $4.99.
- Pick it up at your convenience. Take advantage of our free Hold at FedEx Location service by sending your package to any FedEx Office location near campus, and pick it up when the time is right for you. Change of plans? No problem. Redirect your package to be held at a FedEx Office location, even while the shipment is in transit. Simply go to fedex.com and enter your tracking number in the Track box, or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339.
- Show you care. Even before you drop your student off at college, prepare a care package with favorite goodies and treasures and bring it to any FedEx Office location. We'll ship the care package for you so your student can enjoy a special reminder from home in the first days of school.
- Create works of art. Share the moments you’ve captured by turning your digital images into unique works of art. FedEx Office® photo finishing options let you enlarge your images to 18" x 24", a more dramatic 36" x 48", or anywhere in between. You can even print your photos on high-quality photo paper, watercolor paper or canvas and have them mounted for a unique final product.
- Capture your year from start to finish. Show your friends back home how much fun you're having at school, from the first football kickoff to spring formal. With FedEx Office® Photo Services, you can upload photos from your computer or import them from Facebook or Flickr, then have the images printed on a mug, magnet or poster. They make great gifts for your friends and family back home. You can even create a photo skin for your mobile phone, laptop or MP3 player.
- Publish a photo calendar. Why use a boring generic calendar when you can customize your own with memorable images of your friends, family and adventures? With FedEx Office, you can upload your favorite photos and design your own unique calendar. Use it to keep track of classes, study groups, games and parties. Make copies for friends!
- Prepare for class — and life after college. Use the services at FedEx Office to make copies, print and bind reports for class, and design flyers and posters for events. Plus, when you graduate and get ready to head out into the world, we can help you create professional-looking resumes and portfolios of your work. We know you're busy with last-minute projects, so you can send your files to print to a nearby FedEx Office location using your smartphone or mobile device.
While parents and students may have differing priorities, the products and services at FedEx Office will address everyone's needs.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.