5 Colorful Ways Signs and Banners Promote Your Business
"Hey, look over here! Check THIS out!" It's what every effective indoor or outdoor sign or banner should say, and it's what makes signage among the simplest, most immediate and most cost-effective forms of advertising.
But with signs posted nearly everywhere — and all of them demanding attention — how do you ensure yours get noticed?
Make them bold. Make them big. Make them different than the rest.
Stand out from the crowd
Communicate your message using various-size indoor and outdoor banners, backlit box displays, and posters. Ponder these ideas to make a strong showing with signage:
- Announce your grand opening — or other special event. Hang a large, sturdy outdoor banner above your storefront to grab the attention of potential customers. Banners give you vibrant, full color and last up to six months. Get them laminated to last up to a year.
- Build excitement inside with durable indoor banners. Full-color interior banners can broadcast special pricing and deals. They come in a variety of sizes, including custom, and last up to six months. Display them using a variety of display stands, such as retractables, or get them two-sided for 360-degree visibility.
- Use posters to promote new products, services and deals. Engage audiences at presentations and events. Feature high-quality, oversize posters in window displays.
- Create excitement at trade shows. Decision-makers say that exhibitions rank as buyers' top choice for finding purchasing information. Rise to the top of their list with a memorable full-color display using banners or posters. Click here to see our photo gallery of ideas.
- Take your signage with you. Do you own a lawn-care, house-painting or home-repair business? To announce your services, place a rigid yard sign in front of your project. Choose from several materials, from corrugated plastic to metal. They work great for all types of home services.
Tips on creating signage with impact
- Make your signs easy to read. Use large-scale lettering and contrasting colors.
- Clearly present your products and services, and be sure your contact information is visible.
- Use color, graphics and lettering that fit your brand.
- Simplify your message.
- Choose materials that will last as long as you need the sign.
- Proofread your work before printing the final product.
- Place signs in high-traffic areas.
Get the help you want
Visit your nearest FedEx Office location to create your signs and banners. Our printing experts will work with you to make a strong first impression and enhance your brand’s image. They can also help you select the right material for the right application — not to mention the perfect colors and fonts to make an impact.
For the do-it-yourselfer, use FedEx Office® online printing services.
You can pick up your creations in as soon as 24 hours in most cases. For added convenience, signs and banners can be shipped directly to you — wherever you are or wherever you need them.
More from FedEx Updates
Find additional tips and tricks to improve your FedEx experience on FedEx Updates.